Saturday 14 May 2016

Man accidentally puts the Recycle Bin in the Recycle Bin on Windows PC

A man appears to have deleted the Recycle Bin on his Windows 10 PC, by putting it into the Recycle Bin.

By accidentally deleting the recycle bin, average man Neil Smith, 26 from Brackley, Northamptonshire is now unable to delete any files from his computer.

Mr Smith wrote on a computer advice forum that he was now stuck after having accidentally put the Recycle Bin in the Recycle Bin on his computer. But far from advising him on how to fix it, most users informed him that he should go out and purchase a ton of USB memory sticks and external hard drives.

Usually, Windows software does not allow users to put the Recycle Bin inside the Recycle Bin, however it appears that a technical anomaly with Mr Smith's PC has allowed him to do just that, and seemingly left him unable to delete any files or folders.

Mr Smith told us: “To be honest, I'm not that good when it comes to computers. I just saw the Recycle Bin there and wondered if I could put it in the Recycle Bin, when I discovered that I could I was amazed, but that amazement soon turned to panic when I realised that I couldn't get it back as I had deleted it, and therefore was unable to delete anything else.”

Mr Smith confirmed to technical support that right clicking on a file and pressing delete did not work, as the delete button was grayed out.

“So now I have to go out and buy a hundred USB memory sticks and 20 external hard drives.” Mr Smith continued.

Most users agreed that it was unlikely that Mr Smith would be able to recover the recycle bin, and as a result his computer skills were almost certainly not going to get any better, either.

“I feel sorry to say that your recycle bin is now essentially, gone,” wrote a user called Sven.

A memorial service for Mr Smith's recycle bin is being held at St Peter's Church in Brackley which will be followed by a wake at the The Chequered Flag pub, just off Springfield Way. Mourners are requested to wear shirts featuring the recycle logo. A tombstone for the Recycle Bin will be erected at Brackley's Halse Road Cemetery.


No comments:

Post a Comment