Saturday 28 September 2013

Mum woke up to a wheelie bin fire, more concerned about the bin than her own life

A MUM has spoken of her sadness after waking up at 3.20am on September 28, to her wheelie bin on fire outside the front window.

Emily Payne, of Sandon Street, New Basford, Nottingham said she had been asleep downstairs when she was awoken to a bright orange light behind her curtain.

Ms Payne, 33, said she went to look behind the curtain, and to her horror found her wheelie bin had been set on fire.

She said: "I phoned the fire brigade and begged them to rush round and save my bin.

"I had such upset ripped through me. I was shaking and talking so fast on the phone to the fire brigade. The children were just as upset as I was to see our beloved bin on fire. I wasn't concerned for my life or my children's lives. The bin was my main and top priority.

"The fire officer said the fire was minutes from entering the house, not that we are concerned about that, our main priority was the welfare of the bin."

The fire, which Emily thinks started in the bin before extending to the wooden bed frame outside, said it has damaged her home.

She added: "Inside the house has a little bit of black at the top of the window frame, but I don't even care about that, I've had that bin since I moved in and I am sad that it has been destroyed."

Police have confirmed they are treating the incident as arson.

If you have any information regarding this incident call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

No comments:

Post a Comment