Sunday 6 January 2013

Is this the worst hotel in South West England?

TROWBRIDGE, Wiltshire

People visiting Wiltshire will be checking in to hotels across the county, but the Sleazy Inn in Trowbridge will not be one of them, as a town hotel appears on a BBC's Watchdog.

Bob and Janice West, of the Sleazy Inn, will be appearing on Watchdog, a show that documents and investigates problematic experiences with businesses and services across the country.

The show was filmed in early September last year and the episode will be airing on BBC 1 next week.

The hotel was featured in the show when one guest who stayed overnight said he had the worst experience ever in a hotel. David Hashman, 35 from Birmingham was on a business trip in Trowbridge when he stayed over in the Sleazy Inn.

Mr. Hashman said "I had the worst hotel experience in my life. The owners (Bob and Janice) were rude, they overcharged me, the room had cockroaches everywhere and the toilet didn't even flush. But it doesn't end there, the floor in the room was dirty, the bed sheets were dirty and the water for the shower was freezing cold. The room itself was freezing cold. I didn't get an inch of sleep all night!

I'd rather have slept in the car, in fact that's exactly what I plan to do next time as I have been permanently put off staying in hotels."

"They charged me £150 plus £50 deposit to stay in a trashy filth hole. I think a North Korean prison camp would have been better."

Mr West said: “Everything David experienced in our hotel is completely true, we do try and live up to our name and are proud to run what is probably the sleaziest, most expensive hotel in South West England.”

In the show, Mr. Hashman appears talking about his unfortunate experiences at the hotel and the West's are also interviewed.

Mr West added: "If you look up our hotel on Trip Advisor you would see we have are a 0 star hotel and have completely negative reviews. I don't think there is one positive review about us on there.

"The cockroaches that Mr. Hashman ran into are our lodges. They live here and pay us rent. In return rather than throwing our food into the garbage can, we simply throw it into the rooms for the cockroaches. That would explain why Mr. Hashman experienced dirty floors."

Mr Hashman said: “I wanted a full refund plus compensation for the sleepless night I got. When I confronted the West's about the quality of their hotel they just yelled at me "It's not our problem!"

"In all honesty I should have been suspicious from the name of the hotel, not to mention their slogan 'Providing the worst service to all our customers', in some ways it's my own fault."

It is undecided whether or not the hotel will be closed down after the Watchdog episode airs next week.

Another person who stayed at the hotel, but who did not wish to be named said "I had the exact same experience Mr. Hashman had, that hotel needs shutting down, it's a bad reflection on the town of Trowbridge."

No comments:

Post a Comment