Friday 17 August 2012

Christiansburg woman charged with arson

A woman in Christiansburg, Virginia has been charged with arson after an early-morning house fire Thursday, according to Christiansburg police.

Dianna Kylene Slusher, 32, lived at the home in the 3200 block of Kirby Drive in Christiansburg, which police said was completely destroyed by the fire.

According to a news release, crews were dispatched to the residence just after midnight. Four people were inside the home at the time of the fire but were not injured, the release said.

Slusher claimed "I thought someone was breaking into my house, I didn't want someone coming into my home and taking my things, so I set the house on fire to stop them. It turns out it was the milkman, so I got lucky this time but you can never be too sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment